Oversee and evaluate various aspects of station and show development.
- Work with Park Media Lab director to coordinate alumni and faculty mentors for each show so that all ICTV producers get feedback (at least once a semester) from professional mentors on content and execution.
- Review progress of current shows (scripts, pre-production, production, editing, broadcasts, as appropriate and timely) and offer weekly critiques to the producers to improve the quality of current shows.
- Review best practices in student television production by researching and staying current with professional and student organizations (e.g., NAB, CBI, etc.) that sponsor award competitions. Make recommendations to the ICTV executive staff on strategies for programming and competition entries.
- Evaluate ICTV “brand” identity, what makes ICTV unique and distinct from other student television stations, and how this personality relates to ICTV’s key constituencies: Tompkins County community members, including Ithaca College student participants and viewers, and off campus viewers, such as alumni and parents, etc. Make recommendations to the ICTV executive staff on how to promote the ICTV brand by increasing the quality of current programming and developing new programming. Recruit writers and producers to develop new programming as recommended by the executive staff.
- Evaluate opportunities for expanding reach and diversifying audiences by using new and existing platforms including online video distribution, social media, and mobile devices. Make recommendations to the ICTV executive staff on how best to use these opportunities to advance ICTV’s interests.